THE FOLLOWING COURSES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE JAAMIA:
- Hifz – Memorization of the entire Quran. In this class the students are guided by qualified Huffadh in memorising the entire Quran with proper Tajweed (practical and theory).
- Aalim course – in this course the students study to an advance level in Arabic and Islamic studies. This course comprises of: – Arabic Language (Nahw, Sarf, Adab, Balaagha), extensive studies in Tafseer, Hadeeth and Fiqh (with all their sciences), Seerah, Islamic History, Meerath (Islamic Inheritance) and Aqaaid (Islamic Beliefs).
- Aalimah course for girls.
- CXC ‘O Levels : The following subjects are taught within a four year period: Mathematics, English, Integrated Science, P.O.B, E.D.P.M, Social Studies and Arabic Language.
- Additional Courses / classes:
- Al Faadhil Course: This is a diploma course in Arabic and Islamic studies. This is held on Saturdays from 7:40am – 11:55 am for males in the Masjid.
- Imam course: This is a two year course for older students, aimed at providing leadership for Islamic communities both local and foreign. This course comprises of Fiqh, Seerah, History, Arabic language, Quran, Tajweed, Basic Tafseer and Hadeeth, public speaking and counselling.
- Ladies Adults classes on Saturday’s from 9:30am — 11:00am at the girls Madrasah.
- Maktab classes for children ( Males in the Masjid, Females in girls Madrasah) on Mon – Thur 4:15pm — 5:30pm.
The Maktab is geared at preparing our children for the future. Its main objective is to inculcate in our children the love and knowledge of Islam. Respect, love and moral conduct are key components in the devlopment of the child in Islam. for this to be accomplished the students would be guided by qualified scholars together with the use of an international Maktab Syllabus system that has shown phenomenal rates of sucess on many levels. Subjects taught: Islamic Beliefs, Islamic Jurisprudence, Islamic History and Hadeeth.
- Together with our Madrasah programs and curriculum we also provide full services for our community Masjid which is situated next to our Madrasah. Programmes include: Classes in the Masjid for those who want to learn to recite the Quran and the basics of Islam. On Mon — Sat from Asr to Isha Salaah. Qualified Muftis are also present at the Masjid for answering questions etc. We provide Khutbah services in various Masjids and Taraweeh Salah in Ramadhan.